Saturday, October 25, 2008

The trek is done, long live the trek

We just finished our trek through the Andes. It was beautiful, but smelly. I have never been so excited to shower in my entire life. No joke.

I took about a million photos, so I´ll post them soon. I have to admit that I´m excited to get home......mostly because this trip has been great, but completely exhausting, in part because one of my travel companions has been less than wonderful to travel with. I didnt know him before we took this vacation (I had met him once), and I suppose I learned a good lesson from this: if you´re going to take a trip that involves strenous activity and a lot of time together, you should DEFINITELY be sure that the people that you´re traveling with are good companions. Sadly, he is not. I feel sort of bad for him actually - he seems like a really unhappy person and it shows in his constant negativity about everything. It´s odd, and sort of funny - he´s the most paranoid, negative, hypocondriacical (which probably isn´t a word) person that I´ve ever met and he´s from Europe. I mean, stereotypically I think people would expect someone like that to be from middle America or something.

Anyway, enough complaining. It´s just been hard to have to be with him constantly for a week. However, the trek was gorgeous, our tour guide was hilarious (he kept asking me question after question about my boyfriend), and we camped in really beautiful places.

Tomorrow - Manchu Picchu in the morning, Cuzco in the evening, then back to Lima and then HOME!

Sigh. Traveling is great, but tiring. Plus, I miss my boyfriend. Yes, I am a geek.

3 comments:

Mary Carol said...

If you are a geek, I surely am one.
love,
MC

Janet said...

I think part of the last sentence got cut off. It should read, "Plus, I miss my boyfriend. Yes, I am a geek. I miss my Janet even more. Yes, I am noble." Or something like that.

erl said...

you're right, i forgot to add that. I MISS MY JANET.

and MC - <3 <3 i'll email you soon.