Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Peru is beautiful

Since the internet costs a pretty penny, I don´t have much time to write. We leave tomorrow on the trek. I think we´re all a bit nervous about it, but we have our orientation in just a few minutes, so that should ease our worries. I´ll post pictures once I can get them up on to a computer. Peru is absolutely beautiful... Cusco is surprisingly large, although we´ve mainly been traveling in the tourist section of the city I think. Every other person asks you if you´d like a massage. We have yet to take them up on the offer.

Traveling here has reminded me of one very important thing ... the need to learn another language. Today a woman tried to speak to me, and when she realized that I dont speak much Spanish at all, she immediately assumed (correctly) that I was from Los Estados Unidos. Such a sad comment on our country.

More later.

xoxo

No comments: